Ever since my first holiday abroad I have loved travelling, I’m a nervous flyer but my favourite thing to do is explore a new place and experience its culture. My first holiday this year was my trip to Hong Kong and I plan on making a few trips around Europe later on. I thought it would be interesting to put down into words where I want to travel to and why I think that they would be my cup of tea. Speaking of which, I suggest that you make one before settling down to read this one because I might go overboard.
- Rich in culture, Prague has a lot of features that I would love to visit! The first of which is the Lennon Wall because The Beatles represent an important part in music history and I would love to see the wall from an artistic perspective. I would also particularly like to see the Astronomical Clock of the old town hall, take a river cruise and possibly try the food at the Sansho restaurant.
- Florence in Italy was ALWAYS on my bucket list, looking at photos I just feel like it would be a peaceful place to visit and there is a great deal of artistic brilliance there. The House of Dante, being of historical importance and the exhibition of his art and those influence by him holds a certain interest to me. Anywhere you go in Italy you’ll see beautiful examples of architecture that come from many different eras.
- Malta is a place that has had a bit of a rep for being more a haven for the retired rather than a hot spot for the young. More frequently though, I have seen many photos of the beautiful beaches and the sights there and I’m curious about it as a destination. It seems as though Malta is putting in a lot of work to attract tourism at the moment and I feel like it’s starting to work. I think Buzzfeed had an article about a woman who became famous there for a time but I would love to see what makes Malta special.
- Oh my goodness, Morocco is another destination that I’ve had on my mind for AGES. It would be a dream for me to peruse the flea markets of Morocco and I’ve always had this idea in my head about trying street food and buying trinkets along my way, I don’t know why I’m so fixated on this idea but I really want to see if the experience meets my expectations. Other than that, I would quite like to see the many gardens and historic parks that seem to be in all of the travel guides that I’ve seen.
- I’ve visited the airport in Amsterdam four times now and I’ve never seen the place itself so this is more of a MUST because I always regret not planning for a longer stopover. The Amsterdam Light Festival is one of the many experience that I would like to have, apparently Amsterdam is home to quite a few “quirky festivals” and a myriad of choice in the way of nightlife. It’s disappointing that I’ve only ever waited around in the airport but I have to say, it’s one of the easiest ones to maneuver.
Of course, I want to see many other places but these are the ones that I would really love to see over the next few years. I think my main point here is that I want to see more of the world and I can’t wait to share it with you all. Let me know in the comments below if you’ve been to any of these places or if you would add anywhere else.